Project Factsheet of PWSSP
Project name: Provincial Water Supply and Sanitation Project (PWSSP)
- Project duration: October 2018 to December 2023
- Budget for ITC: EUR 1,090,000 (Financial agreement: CKH 1236 02P)
- Funded sources: Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
- Status: In progress
- Project Manager: HE. Dr. Po Kimtho, Director of ITC
- Project Coordinator: Dr. Oeurng Chantha, Deputy Director General of ITC
The objective of PWSSP aims at establishing a Master Program in Urban Water and Sanitation Engineering. The Master Program is to provide a set of quality trainings and to produce highly qualified human resources in the field of urban water supply and sanitation, fulfilling the need of human resources for supporting the agencies working in water supply and sanitation sectors.
Component 1: Producing qualified human resources through Master Program
Component 2: Improving Research in the field of Water Supply and Sanitation
Main activities at ITC:
Establish a master Program in Urban Water and Sanitation Engineering
Provide scholarships (tuition fee, allowance and research grants)
Improve/provide the laboratory equipment to support the water and sanitation education and research.
Provide funding/grants to support the implementation of 9 research projects (Phase 1) and 3 additional research projects (phase 2) which focus on Urban Water and Sanitation Engineering